At the time The Tree Maker cannot guarantee arrival of any products for Christmas delivery with the exception of printed and/or framed items. This is only through 12/15/2017 and will require both rush processing and rush shipping for a by Christmas delivery. We appreciate your business and hope you understand that our small family owned & operated business appreciates you entrusting us with the handcrafting of your loved ones gifts to be cherished. You are making a difference in the lives of this family and we couldn’t be more grateful.
From Our Family to Yours, May You & Yours Be Blessed Remembering The Greatest Gift of All this Christmas. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!
Meaning of Heraldic Colors for Your Custom Coat of Arms
Most heraldic colors have more than one meaning. Over hundreds of years, some of these meanings have changed. Here are the main meanings behind each color that we have in our records.
- Silver / White – Argent: Signifies truth, sincerity, peace, innocence and purity.
- Gold – Or: Signifies wisdom, generosity, glory, constancy and faith.
- Black – Sable: Signifies wisdom, grief, constancy and prudence.
- Green – Vert: Signifies abundance, joy, hope and loyalty in love.
- Blue – Azure: Signifies loyalty, chastity, truth, strength and faith.
- Red – Gules: Signifies magnanimity, military strength, warrior and martyr.
- Purple – Purpure: Signifies temperance, regal, justice, royal majesty, and sovereignty.
- Maroon / Blood Red – Sanguine / Murray: Signifies Fortitude or victorious.
- Orange – Tenne / Tawny: Signifies ambition.
Please remember that the first coat of arms was granted in 1088 and since then the meaning of colors for a coat of arms has changed over time. Also some countries view colors differently from other countries. We simply want to make sure you are informed as much as possible. The colors we have in Latin are: Argent, Or, Sable, Vert, Azure, Gules, Purpure, Sanguine and Tenne/Tawny.
The Tree Maker hopes this information has been helpful and suggests that you take your time in designing a custom coat of arms to make sure it has all the symbols you wish to use that stands for you values as a family.